Sunday, April 6, 2014

WOW...Thank You. The 4 Minute Idea.


My pool guy Jack comes every Wednesday like clock work to clean and balance my pool. In the past several years I have only seen him twice. I got a brief conversation with him in 2011 to talk about a new pump that started leaking.

When I come home every Wednesday the pool looks great, which is what I am paying for.

The pool deck looks spotless of leaves and debris, which I do not pay for.

It took me about 13 cleanings to realize that everyday there was leaves and debris everywhere. I finally called Jack and found out that every Wednesday he blew the pool deck off. WHAT..Why?

Jack informed that when he unloads his trailer to clean the pool he has a small gas blower that he uses to blow the leaves off the deck and away from the pool. Once the pool is clean the presentation is better to have a clean deck and pool. Also, there was chance the deck leaves would end up in the pool by the time I got home.

This took Jack an extra 4 minutes to blow my deck off every week. This equates to 16 minutes per month.

WOW..Thank you, was my response.

The Aha moment was then for me. What am I doing to get a similar response, WOW thank you??

What are you doing in your business to get a WOW Thank you?

This past Wednesday we posted our 11th Podcast for Contractors. Marketing the Basics, great information. Here is the link to listen on your Phone or Computer. http://contractorssecretweapon.com/back-to-the-basics-marketing/

2 comments:

  1. Most of my work is residential: roofing, siding, windows, painting, etc. With each of these there are always things which could be done, things which will lead to a much better completed project. If it is something minor, such as replacing a few pieces of bad wood, I just do it - at no extra charge. Whenever I replace a roof, I always design and install a new attic ventilation system to meet or exceed Code - at no extra charge. Yes, I do include them in my final inspection report which I go over with the client. This is simply doing the job the way it should be done, and it is great marketing. This is advertising that Uncle ROI loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete-I love uncle ROI. I will use this in the future. Going above the normal doesnt take much but it clearly pays off when you get the WOW..

    ReplyDelete