Thursday, July 31, 2014

What To DO With Upset Customers..



Man I had a doozy today...

A good close customer to me went nuts today. I had to stop and listen to the concerns and knod my head. Listen to their argument while keeping eye contact the entire time.

Complaint: My A+ Trim carpenter screwed some crown molding up and made a mess. Come to find out he got real busy and subcontracted the job and his sub screwed up. Marked up freshly painted walls, smeared fingerprints on new doors..The works.

I had to just sit and take the lashing like a man.

Here is the steps I used when getting a good lashing:

1. Keep Calm: My body language during the lashing was arms down and not aggressive what so ever.

2. Listen: Maintaining eye contact and nodding my head showed engagement and I was listening.

3. Response: Maintain control of the situation and explain how you will rectify. I like to take personal responsibility even if its not my direct fault.

4. Commitment: This mess will be cleaned up by tomorrow and I will make sure everything is taken care.

I saw a switch in their face and body language when I took these steps. I maintained the job and was able to gain trust back.

Please add your story below?
Justin

Check us out on Internet Radio: http://contractorssecretweapon.com/making-your-customer-feel-important-contractor-marketing-12/

1 comment: