Thursday, February 20, 2014

Are You A Commodity Contractor?

Are you a commodity contractor?

I was recently asked my niche in the local market. I explained what I do better than anybody else. Then I proceeded to explain why I do it better than anybody else.

The prospect I was talking with called 8-9 companies and told me they all sound the same. The ones that did call back, I cannot differentiate between any of them.

I simply told the prospect, I cannot help them. You will waste your time and everybody else searching through these commodity contractors.

I had an AHA moment just then.

DO you have that awkward moment where the prospect asks "What company are you with again"?

Sometimes I want to hang up the phone and other times I say my name and company.

If you cant create a distinct difference between you and other contractors, you are a commodity contractor.
How do I know if I am? Here are some examples:

  1. If you constantly lose jobs to price. COMMODITY
  2. If your marketing is exactly the same as competitors. COMMODITY
  3. If you strive to be the lowest, and brag about all your jobs. COMMODITY
  4. If your telling your team to wait and cash their checks...DRUM ROLL....COMMODITY
If your stuck and cant figure out how to get out of the rat race, I can help call me.
If your ready to increase leads and profits, email me.
If this sounds like your business. Call me or email: Justin 727-644-0160 or heavenly.foundations@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. You hit the nail on the head hear. Not enough construction companies differentiate themselves so their prospects can tell them apart. They also chase work they have no business going after.

    ReplyDelete