Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Challenging Customer Transformation.


I recently had this great experience with a good High End customer. I am in the middle of Constructing her house and she has been a real challenge. Cant make up her mind, then when she makes up her mind it changes. So much of  a challenge that everybody is talking about her.

I cut a thin piece of concrete off some garbage being tossed out on her job. I then added a personal note to this piece of concrete, " To Mrs. Goldman, I really appreciate our relationship and I am glad your starting on a solid foundation." I gave this to her yesterday and she broke down in tears. The WOW was there, speechless. After gathering herself she started to explain her personal situation of getting everything perfect.

This was a groundbreaking experience that I wish I could share with all my customers. Getting to know my client on a deeper level got me thinking. Watching this transformation before my eyes was an awesome experience.

Something so small that I normally toss in the trash had this huge impact and deepened our relationship.

Do you think she will refer me to everyone? You bet.
Will she hold onto that memory forever? You bet.

I will start making this more of a tradition in my business. Taking materials from the job-site that would be considered trash and personalizing for my customers. I don't expect tears from everyone, but personalizing and creating that WOW is good enough for me.

Do you have anymore ideas?




2 comments:

  1. Justin,

    Great article! It is always good to read about someone like yourself that really understands what people say is not always what they mean.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Warm Regards,

    Randal DeHart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randal Thank you for stopping by and commenting. J

      Delete