Friday, January 31, 2014

Rockstar Contractor Mindset

I love the term Rock-star for multiple reasons.

1. I grew up in the 80's watching Aerosmith, Def Leopard, and some other Rock bands of that time. I believe this was some of the best music ever produced. I didn't agree with their lifestyles but, when they took the stage it was magical. The term Rock-star means performer.


In our businesses today we perform. Some of us Rock-stars and some wannabe's waiting to crack the code to being Rock-stars.

The first real piece of advice for being a Rock-star Contractor is knowing your audience. We call this target market. I want to make sure my performance is specific to who wants to hear me. 
Who listens to me now and pays me? This is the best starting point. Your existing customers know you and will be glad to spend more money with you or better yet tell you why they buy from you. Armed with this information you can now start to target your audience.

Let me ask you this, if Kenny G were to come and perform during an Aerosmith concert do you think the fans would listen or boo him off the stage?


Don't be Kenny G.

No need for comments, just pass this on to your fellow Contractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment