Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Selling Results To Increase Profits


I recently had the pleasure of meeting with a customer to about remodeling their pool. I typically don't tackle pool remodeling but, decided because of the referral to look at the project.

I met with the customer who explained they wanted the above picture in their backyard.

My first response, "This isn't your typical pool remodel" Here is what I can help you with on this project:
  1. Establish the plan of action that will be needed to get you the pool and spa of your dreams.
  2. Coordinate the designer and pool remodeler.
  3. Maintain contact with trades.
  4. Coordinate with the building department.
  5. Weekly meetings with you to discuss changes and projected dates of completion.
I sat in their kitchen and discussed how the process works from start to finish and I would be subcontracting everything out.

The owners response was priceless. "Justin, your transparency and being able to recognize what you can handle and cant is the reason your in business today. The reason we also want to move forward with having you handle our remodel for your FEE."

I have never had that response from a prospect. But, I realized after seeing the project and they had no clue how to get started. The value I offered was helping them get focused and started.

Think about this for a second.
  • No testimonials for pool renovations
  • No pictures of completed pools
  • No pretty pamphlets on pool remodeling. 
  • Nothing. 
Take Away: By focusing on the results the customer was looking for and not over extending my capabilities the customer recognized the value. 

I gave my professional opinion and outlined what they will need to do and how I can help. Concentrating on what you can do to get the customer results far out weighs what you cant do.

Give me your experience on this below in comments please?
Justin 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, its amazing what happens when you go in with an open mind of being the problem solver in place of the one who knows it all.

    You created great value to the client.

    ReplyDelete