Tuesday, January 21, 2014

ReNegotiating After The Sale..

Have you ever had to renegotiate after a signed contract?

My usual experience with Re-Negotiating is Lose/Win. In business we go for the Win-Win, everybody gets what they want and everybody is happy.

Recent Experience: An existing customers of mine wanted a better deal after we signed a contract for several thousand and finished the same day. There justification was "Wait, I am paying you like $300/HR. That isn't right."

I know if you have been in business for any amount of time you have come across this.

This is my 4th or 5th experience with renegotiating and every time the customer wants to revise the contract nobody wins.

My latest experience ended in Win/Lose. I did not negotiate after the job was complete and the customer was upset. My justification, "I have been doing this same scope of work for 7 years and I know exactly how to complete all tasks efficiently. If I didn't know what I was doing and spent longer figuring out what to do on your house would that make you feel better served and justify the contract?"

Tell me your experience and solution outcomes?

No comments:

Post a Comment